Joyce's Journal

Strawberry Shortcake Glitter GraphicsStrawberry Shortcake Glitter GraphicsStrawberry Shortcake Glitter Graphics

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Guess what now!!

Throughout the day, I called Mr Kho and asked how's everything at home..

He had brought Yitian to the polyclinic to see a doctor. She no longer has a fever but still has running nose. Was prescribed medicine for it. Mr Kho said that Yitian seems to take to Sri now by allowing her to bring her from the bedroom down to the living room. That is already one big improvement from the preious days' of screaming. She also allowed Sri to bathe her, but still have problem letting Sri wash her hair. Mr Kho feels that Yitian is just bullying Sri..Yah, Yitian really does know who she can bully at times. I know that very well.

Mr Kho asked if I could apply leave tomorrow. How could I? I have already told him that all leave are frozen. He said, then what is staff welfare, at least ask and see what happens. Mr Kho, please try to understand...

During lunch, I felt that my left eye was a bit uncomfortable. It was not red but then you get the feeling that it's a bit sore. After lunch, my left eye started to have discharge. The discharge was yucky greenish yellow. My duties this week is the main cashier, I would have to stay until the last patient leaves the clinic and do the closing settlement. My colleague, Thana, says "Eh, you better go to the staff clinic now before they close at 4.30pm". I tried to ask Helen, my clinic manager but she and all the staff nurses were engaged in a serious meeting which I cannot disturb. Thana managed to grab hold of Shanna when she came out of the room to get something. Then after about 20mins, my team leader, ST, came out and asked what's wrong. She saw my eye and said, "Ok, you go and see a doctor now."

Managed to see the doctor at 3.30pm. Doctor asked do you need MC for today. I was looking at the time and said no. He gave me eye drops and said ok, then 2 days MC from tomorrow. While waiting outside, I read the eye drop notes. It says that not tested before on pregnant women and one of the ingredient used may penetrate the placenta! Also, I was thinking if I go back to the clinic now, I can't use my claim time to go off early..Thus, went back in to see the doctor, he gave another eye drop. Gave me MC to cover me today....AARGH..now it's almost 4pm!!! There's no such thing as 1/2 day MC! The doctor says it's all administrative details. Thus, at 4.30pm, left the clinic..3 days MC!!! Mr Kho came to pick me up.

We agreed that Yitian cannot be around me. We can't risk her having red eyes now. Mr Kho again said that he wants to send Yitian to his parents' place. Not that I'm trying to find excuses, but his parents have never look after Yitian (who is still unwell) and with Yitian still adjusting to Sri, I cannot find it within me to agree. We finally reached a compromise. My parents insisted that Yitian go to Sembawang, my younger sis, Amy's, place for the time being. I told Mr Kho, in future we will spend some weekends at his parents' place. Another case closed..(for the time being)...

No comments: